One of the things we wanted to focus on more this year is traveling more and going on more adventures together.
Last year we had gone to NYC, Disney, and Gettysburg. This year we wanted to take more trips and explore as much as we could especially because we are still young. Adam usually works 4 days on and 2 days off every week so the days he gets off varies week to week. I try and work my schedule with having at least one day off with him a week. Sometimes it doesn’t work out as planned which really stinks.
Top 10 Places on our Bucket List
1. Lake Tahoe: Looking at two of my favorite bloggers Emily Gemma (The Sweetest Thing Blog) and Caitlin Covington (Southern Curls and Pearls) they always post the best places to travel to. One of the places they have mentioned is Lake Tahoe. Adam loves cabins and the wilderness and I do not. I do think they’re beautiful and the views are absolutely breathtaking but I am allergic to most things outdoors that I had also mentioned in a previous post so it’s hard for me to enjoy anything outside.
2. Banff, Lake Louise: Again thanks to those same blogs mentioned above I have been to go to Banff and Lake Louise in Canada. I’m from Buffalo so I’m already close to Canada! I know it is basically on the other side of Canada from where we are but it still on our list. The water just is so incredible and I am again NOT an outdoorsy person but Adam is (it’s all about compromise).
3. Tulum (Mexico): Thanks to Caitlin’s blog again I have found a tropical destination for the books. If you have never seen a picture of Tulum you need to look it up right now. It looks like Bora Bora with the clear blue water and the beautiful beaches and even over the water bungalows. She did a recap of her trip there over on her blog. You can search for it in the search bar at the top of her page.
4. Bora Bora: Next on the list is Bora Bora. I think this is on most everyone’s travel bucket list. The hype over Bora Bora is definitely real. I know that water and those views have definitely made its way into my heart. I am deathly afraid of sharks, which I mentioned in my other blog post Top 10 Things you don’t know about me…, which is why I will have a hard time getting into the water. I also follow Tammy Hembrow who just recently went to Bora Bora and posted her trip with her family. The adventures they took while they were there were so incredible and the bungalow they stayed in was so beautiful.
5. Australia: Australia has been my number one travel destination since I was 10 years old. A bit of a side note before I keep going, I love the Jonas Brothers and have since they first came out. I use to know everything about them, especially Nick Jonas. They came out with a song titled Australia, which helped me confirm that I NEED to go there. I love their accents and I feel like it’s a completely different world and something I wouldn’t get to see here. Thankfully Adam will let me have this one.
6. London, Paris, Greece, Dublin, Spain, Italy: Neither one of us have ever been to Europe so we wanted to go together for our first time. We both are going to be starting new jobs so we are back at the bottom when it comes to vacation time. For my job, I will be able to carry over 5 days of PTO per year. I also get an increase of time every year so I will be able to have more time available by the time we plan on going. We plan on going for a two-week time span minimum so we can explore all at once. Because neither one of us have ever been overseas, we don’t really know what we’re doing we need a lot of time to plan on when to go and where to stay. My friend gave me some advice on traveling once we get over there. So if anyone has any advice for us on traveling there or while we’re there we are open to comments!
7. Seattle: I am a huge Grey’s Anatomy fan and I slowly transformed Adam into one as well. They are stationed in Seattle, Washington and I also have followed a family that vlogs with the name ItsJudyLife who lives in Seattle. The area they post around their home and the area just looks so beautiful. There also seems to be a lot of different things to do there for any amount of time spent there.
8. Aspen: A place we never really thought about before but started to fall in love with as Adam turned me over to the mountainous views. and the “homey” feel of the towns that are surrounding. The skies at night look so clear because of the lack of factories and pollution in the air. I also saw that Caitlin Covington (Southern Curls and Pearls) had also gone to Aspen with other bloggers recently and the pictures were just so breathtaking. So that is why this got added to our list.
9. Bali: So this one was more for me because my cousin had gone to Bali on her Honeymoon and I just fell right in love with the culture and the atmosphere. I use to be in my school’s ski club when I was in 5th -7th grade but I did not continue with it because I became too busy with other activities and schooling. Last year we went skiing and snowboarding just at our local resort and I tried to snowboard and was not very good. I would like to try and pick it back up again and this would be a good place to start. The cabins and resorts that are listed look warm and cozy and very welcoming. For this adventure, I was hoping to get our friend group to join us and make it one we can share together.
10. New Orleans: New Orleans has been one on both of our bucket lists ever since we started watching The Vampire Diaries. The series talks about vampire brothers that come back to their hometown and start making friends and sometimes enemies with the local people. The storyline is usually something I wouldn’t care for but I thought I would give it a try and now we are both addicted. Unfortunately, the series has ended but thankfully it is still on Netflix when we need a little pick me up. The story originally takes place in Mystic Falls (filmed in Georgia though). They eventually make their way to New Orleans and the architecture is just absolutely beautiful.
If anyone has ever been to any of the places on our list and you have any tips or tricks that would be great!
If anyone has any comparable or exciting trips they have ever been on and want to share with us we would love that too! We love getting travel ideas from other people because sometimes there places you have never heard of or something you honestly just don’t think of.